Board Certified in Family Medicine and Sports Medicine
Dr. Lopez completed his undergraduate education in San Antonio, Texas at Trinity University and his medical education at The University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio (UTHSCSA).
He completed his Family Medicine training at Scottsdale Healthcare in Scottsdale, Arizona, where he served as Chief Resident and was recognized as an “Emerging Leader” by the Arizona Academy of Family Physicians (2008). This was followed by a sports medicine fellowship in San Antonio at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Primary Care Sports Medicine where he also served on the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Graduate Medical Education Committee from 2009-2010. He entered private practice in El Paso, Texas for several years prior to joining Sports Medicine Associates of San Antonio.
Dr. Lopez is Board Certified in Family Medicine and holds a CAQ in Sports Medicine.
Dr. Lopez currently serves on the medical staff for the San Antonio Rampage Hockey team, Trinity University, The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA), and several San Antonio area high schools.
• Undergraduate: Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
• Medical: The University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio
• Residency: Scottsdale Healthcare Family Medicine Residency, Scottsdale, AZ
• Fellowship: CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Sports Medicine Fellowship, San Antonio, TX
• American Academy of Family Physicians
• American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
• American College of Sports Medicine
• Texas Medical Association